Saturday, September 6, 2008

Enough

Alright, so here's the deal.
I have been way off recently. Way off from God, way off from being supportive, way off from showing love, way off from being positive, and way off for living for Christ.
That changes NOW. I have fallen into a routine, and I hate it. It's hard to say, but I have definitaly changed since this summer, which is not a good thing. I seem to care about things that He never wanted me to, and that all stops now.


Things are changing, for the better, and He has placed me in a position to be a part of that change! So what do I do? I run from that position, to be "safe". Well, no more. I'm stepping up, and action has to be taken. But, first this has to happen.

I wanna start off by publicly saying sorry to God. I have abandoned you, turned away from you, and tried to do everything on my own. I never stopped loving you, I just thought I could do it all on my own for you. (How much sense does that make anyways?) So I know I am forgiven, but I'm sorry for ignoring you God. Thank you so much for being a God who always forgives, and thank you Jesus for granting me that grace, which I don't deserve whatsoever.


Next, I want to say sorry to all my friends that I HAVEN'T been encouraging. It's been all about me lately, what's good for me, what's easier for me, etc. I'm sorry, that I haven't been the Alec God made me to be, and that changes now. I will be supportive of you all, and loving and what not. I'm behind ALL OF YOU 100%, and still hoping that you will be behind me too. It's not gonna be an easy change, but I can do it. I'm sorry guys!


Also, I wanna say sorry to SWITCH. I have been so negative about that entire situation, when God wants to move through it! How could I ever even attempt to get in the way of God? It's an awesome program, trying to bring kids to Christ. Amazing enough in itself. So SWITCH, I'm sorry for not being there, I'm sorry for not giving my heart to something I believe in, and I am praying for everything there and will be a part of it!


Finally, I wanna say sorry to all the people I haven't met, that I should have by now. God wanted me to be outgoing this year, and there's still time, I just haven't yet. I'm sorry to those hurting out there, that need support. I can only pray that God will let our paths cross so I can be there for you. Just know God is always there, always seeking you, and always protecting you. He loves you more than anything you could ever experience, so sit in His love with confidence :].


So guys, that all changes now. I'm going to be trying way harder to live for God, and I just ask for you prayers. I can't wait to see what God is going to do this year, and I choose to be a part of it. So ALL OF YOU! Stay positive, and keep me accountable! (Even if I seem to just slap you back in the face) I truly appreciate it, and I'm thankful for ALL OF YOU, and that God has blessed me with people who I know don't give up on me. So here's the line, it's been enough, I'm done living for myself.


I love you all!

5 comments:

Mandy said...

Way to go!! I'm making a similar change myself, except I'm stepping out of a lot of relationships so God can work with me and fix my heart. Good luck, I know you can do it!

Haley Johnson said...

now we are talking, alec.
i know you can do anything through Christ, never give up and the same goes back to you. its a two way street we have to encourage you right back, and i pray that God gives you every bit of discernment and the words to say to every person you come to know and love.

love you bud!

Jordan Garrett said...

ALEC! yay, you are finally going back to the great, awesome, in-Chirst Alec that i know and love! trust me, i'll always be there for ya, no matter what goes on. no one can be perfect and on track all the time anyway!
love yaa! keep it real

YYY said...

AWESOME! I'm so glad to see you getting back to your normal self. It's great to have a true leader back where he belongs! I can't wait to see what God has instore for us all. Keep it up! We're behind you 100 percent :)

A. Lusey said...

...Alec, after last night I won't go into too much detail, but I honestly really lost all hope in you and I really believed you were gone and I was never going to have my best friend back quite to the way he was. Now, I still worry if you'll ever quite be who you were but you're trying. I can't tell you how much it means to me that you are trying, doing something because doing nothing gets you nowhere, I mean that makes sense right? It's good to hear that you want things back to the way they were and that you're gonna try. And I'm sorry if I freaked you out or anything last night, I'm not upset with you I promise and I'll be okay. :)
I'm praying for you always. I love you Alec. :)