Thursday, September 18, 2008

One Painting.

I may have used this comparison before, but it hit me hard today, so I would like to share it with anyone willing to read :].


I am so thankful now that I have found life in Him. Every morning I get to wake up, and know that I have meaning and purpose in God. He is painting this massive picture, that He has chosen ME to be a part of. Although the colors can change, the picture is always being painted. That picture is my life.


You see, before God, the colors were all sitting there not being used. I was so confused, seeking so much more to life, more to the colors rather than them being seperate. Then He came along, and united them in ways I could never imagine, making a beautiful picture. I know that He is constantly painting and that is always something to look forward to in the morning.


The colors are like seasons in your life. Sometimes He's using yellow, which may be a learning season. Maybe He's using a blue at the time which could be a season of waiting or patience. Or maybe He's using a red, which is a season for action and movement! Whatever the color, He's using them all to unite and create your life painting.


I can't wait for the day, when my painting is complete, and I finally get to meet the painter. It will make the painting so much clearer, so much more meaningful. For now, I am just thankful He chose to use me. I know that no matter where I am on this spiritual roller coaster, He's always got the paint brush in hand.


Remember, you're a child of a God. A painting in itself. Will you try to be the artist of your own life, messing it up over and over yet again? Or will you give the paintbrush up, and just be the colors. He will unite you and use you in ways you never knew could combine (as in the colors) so let Him!

3 comments:

Joseph Lewin said...

That is raelly good! I have been trying to paint a little to much lately...

Thanks!

~Joe Lewin

Jordan Garrett said...

alec alec alec....i love your analogies!!! yet another good post. I really learn a lot from these.

Jacob said...

Good stuff man

But remember God was always there, you just didn't see him at first ;)